Thursday, April 18, 2019

THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY

THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY

Courtesy of unsplash.com
Honey, sweetie, pumpkin pie,
As we sit here on this august day,
As I look at your dreamy eyes,
I cannot help but smile.
I cannot help but turn a blind eye
To the people who are walking through
This restaurant's isle.

Honey, sweetie, my pumpkin pie,
Let we wipe those tears of suffering
Off your eyes.
Let these words that I say to you 
Incline your heart to mine.
Let not these precious lines
Find a heart so resolute
That their powers would subside.

Together;
Let these words and your heart
Mix together like water efficiently mixes with lime,
Like how a stitch in time saves nine,
Or like how shades of blue dance on the surface of the ocean
During summertime.

Aye!!
Let these rhymes
Creep into your heart
And make it chime.
Let this season
Be our time.
Courtesy of unsplash.com
For so long we have been in the unfortunate position
Of being third in line,
Of always giving advice,
Of wasting our time
By being mediators
To couples that always fight.
Let us break this third wheel routine
And unlike them,
Let our love flourish sublime.

Let my hand be affixed in yours


Till the end of time.
Let my Poetry
Shatter all the glass walls
That pain and heartbreak
Have created in you overtime.
Aye!
Let my lips be the antidote
Courtesy of unsplash.com
To the poison that broken promises
Have smeared on your lips.
Let my tongue caress yours;
Until the language of lovers
To your vocabulary is restored.

I love you so!
Let me open
A new door to your heart;
One that leads to a route glittered with gold.
One that leads to a path that knows no sorrow.
Cupid waits on the other side of that door;
Mending a hollow heart with love shaped arrows.
He stands on the other side of that door;
Waiting to usher us into a world
Where our hearts are stitched together;
Where the love that runs through
The streams of our combined aortas overflows.
Let this first meeting between us be a day for us to forever rejoice!
...............................
For if you let me in,
If you delete the word no from your vocabulary this evening,
...I will forever be yours and you will forever know no sorrow. 

A Poem by Tumuhairwe Bruno Edgard (Edgard The Bard)

3 comments: