Saturday, July 24, 2021

I AM LOVE









I am ruthless yet kind,

You better be on the wrong side of the guillotine,

For I have brought down the best of mankind.

I have faced the sword of adversity,

Brutus’ sword at my throat,

Hitler nibbling at my heels,

And Amin’s gun at point-blank range.

 

I have derailed many a democracy,

And shattered many a dictatorship.

I disrupt the dispute within the institute and remain resolute.

I am the Lion roaring in the jungle,

I feed on those who purge, steal, and smuggle,

 

I criticize the uncriticized,

Satisfy the unsatisfied, and rectify the satisfied.

I am a rose of thorns, a piece of humble pie.

I am that which you use to crush a lie 

And turn its cry into a simple lullaby,

 

I am LOVE!

 

I am the shame that nags your bowels,

And the odor that terrifies your nose.

I am the youth that excites the hormones deep within your bosom,

I palpitate as you lift your chest.

 

I am a Father to the Orphans,

A monument of peace,

And a token that cannot be broken.

I am a light in the tunnel, a tunnel in the light,

 

I am the beginning and the end,

The Alpha and Omega,

I am the old school and the new trend,

I am the fathomed unfathomed reality that

Love will never end.

 

I am LOVE!

 

Written by Edgard The Bard.





1 comment: