Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Woman That I Beat.

The Woman That I Beat

............I went to the hospital yesterday.
I walked slowly through the halls of Mulago,
It was like a movie scene in slow mo,
I could feel a cold on my shoulder,
Something bad is going to happen,
When I walk through the second door on the left,
I will look at a face without any skin left.
Thump, thump, thump,
I walked to the door
Like i was walking to the gets of hell.
My heart was racing, pacing,
Out of fear and anger!!!
Anger that she betrayed me..........
(Cool down, Cool down)
......................................................

I'm a nice guy,
My Father used to beat me and my Mom
That's the traditional way,
Its the truth!!
But before you get my story skewed,
That's not the reason i beat her.
This is not that type of story
Where the son becomes like his father.
It's that story where i beat her because she angered me.
......................................................

I would like to say sorry to my therapist.
I lost it there for a minute.
There's no excuse.
A Woman should never be beaten.
A crystal that glows in a dark cave,
Should never be broken, cracked or even spat on.
She is so beautiful,
A scratch on her would be pitiful.
She brings life to the world
Thus she is a direct link to the creator.
........But why did she have to change the meter?
Why did she have to talk to total strangers?
Some times she would talk to other people not me,
And ooooohhhh!! I would want to strangle...........
.........................................................

I am sorry, sorry that i ever laid my hands on her,
Sorry that i gave her all those scars,
Sorry for the pain, sorrow and anger that i caused her,
Sorry for always threatening you into coming back,
Sorry for being inhumane, for the character that i lack.
A man should never lay his hands on a woman.
Especially one as brown and fair as the fruit of the Inguli tree.
Please Lord, of this violent curse set me free,
She is the best human being that i have ever seen.
...........................................................

I have finally reached the door I.....
...I...gave her a black eye.................
.........................................................

A Poem by Bruno Edgard.

No comments:

Post a Comment