Wednesday, September 1, 2021

EARWORM

 


Every time I think,

My thoughts are drawn towards you.

Every time I close my eyes,

I see you.

A splitting image.

Every photo, billboard, poster, is awash

With your glowing eyes, your glittering face.

 

Every whiff of air I breathe,

Smells like nectarine, like you.

Every time I rub my palms,

I feel the softness of your deft touch.

 

Every love song I listen to

Reminds me of you.

Every time a voice is swept towards me

I hear the whispers of your sweet melody.

 

Every time I hear a cry,

I feel you on my chest

Squeezing my ribs

As I whisper:

“Everything will be okay.”

 


Every time I use a pen

You finish all its ink.

Even when I use a pencil

You make its lead go extinct.

 





Everything within me is screaming,

Beaming, teaming.

A passion so wild and true;

Pointing me towards you.


Written by Edgard The Bard

17 comments:

  1. The Bard at it again. Wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good. Keep them coming The Bard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auuu,I love you Sweetie,your talent fills my spirit with soothing moments ✨. I can conquer the 🌎 with one hand,as long as you're holding the other πŸ’˜

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a living example of true mankind in this young generation that doesn't know how to & want to Express their love to their better halves. Keep up this good inspiration and may others learn from you.πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you learnt how to be romantic from me.. keep up the get love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete